Monday, July 27, 2009

Total Solar Eclipse 2009

I was in China for the past week to witness the Total Solar Eclipse on 22 July 2009. I went to Anji area which is located in the centre of the eclipse belt. Therefore, I managed to witness the maximum eclipse for around 6 minutes. The first contact started at around 8:22am local time, maximum eclipse at around 9:35am and the eclipse ended at around 10:58am.

Thank God for wonderful weather despite cloudy weather in the morning which worried me until around 8am. And the rain came only after lunch hour. I also encountered other problems as my plan was to join my friends together with all others from various countries at the water dam area (江南天池). However, as I did not join any tour group, and I was not allowed to enter the area without any permit/ticket (This area is open to public in normal day with entrance fee paid). After talking to the guesthouse owner, the place I stayed is located at the other side of the mountain, and I will be able to see the same view at his balcony as those in the water dam area. My appreciation to the guesthouse owner, Mr Fang for his hospitality during my stay and all of us enjoyed the wonderful moment of total solar eclipse.

I took photos for the whole process, but it takes time for me to cut and paste the photos into one single photo to show the process. Therefore, let me share with you all the highlights of this eclipse at the moment. Hope you all like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment